The finalists are in for this year’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund competition, a pool comprised of some of the US’ most promising design talents. Last year, Joseph Altuzarra won the top prize that earned him $300,000, while Pamela Love and Creatures of the Wind’s Shane Gabier and Christopher Peters settled for the runner-up positions.
The 10 designers up for this year’s prized plum will have to tackle a series of challenges before the body determines the deserving winner. The challenges include presenting their collections to a panel of judges, designing a piece for Tiffany & Co., and finally, staging a catwalk show in Los Angeles. In the end, only one designer will nab the prizes, which included a hefty financial help and mentorship from an established designer.
The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund is a competition that began in 2003 to help up-and-coming designers navigate the cutthroat industry. This year’s winner will be announced at a gala on November 13. Meanwhile, here are the 10 finalists for this year’s competition.
• Andrea Lieberman of A.L.C.
• Greg Armas of Assembly New York
• Sofia Sizzi of Giulietta
• Justin Salguero, Daniel Silberman, and Alina Silberman of Illesteva
• Jennifer Fisher of Jennifer Fisher Jewelry
• Jennifer Meyer Maguire of Jennifer Meyer
• Max Osterweis and Erin Beatty of Suno
• Tabitha Simmons
• Greg Chait of the Elder Statesman
• Wes Gordon